Principles and Practices of Scientific Work and Soft Skills
Information on the course for Summer Term 2021 will be updated here!
- Crash Course on Scientific Work and Soft Skills for all international Master Students in English!
- Responsible: Dr. Claudia Krull (lectures), Temitope Ibidunni Akinloye (tutorials)
- You can now get 3CP for the course. either for DKE/Fundamentals or DigiEng/Human Factors.
- Signup via elearning.ovgu.de (use your OVGU login) until April 19th
- Enter you availability via elearning for exercise slots, also until 12.04.
- Elearning will also be used to handle exercises and for questions on lecture topics
- NOTE: If you enroll after April 19th, you can still participate, make sure to check this website regularly and signup as soon as you have your OVGU credentials
- Lectures will be published as recorded videos online
- start on April 12th
- conducted by Dr. Claudia Krull, guest lecture by ...
- Tutorials will start in the second week of the semester, we are currently planning to offer two online tutorials
- Tuesday 11-13 by Temitope Ibidunni Akinloye via an online meeting tool
- Wednesday 11-13 by Suhita Ghosh via an online meeting tool
Current list of Lecture Topics
The schedule and topic information presented here is preliminary! Most recent update: 06.03.2021
The available lecture videos were originally recorded in Summerterm 2020, assignment slides will be updated throughout the semester. Video material isavailbale through the OVGU mediasite portal and additinally via download, to prevent streaming bandwidth issues
The password for the material will be announced in the organizational lecture.
|Week||Lecture Topic||Video||Assignment||Tutorial Dates||Tutorial Topic|
|Orga Slides Video
L01 Intro Video
Thesis Regulations Video
Life After Masters
|3||Study Skills||L02 Video||Task 01||20.4./21.4.|
|4||Self Management||L03 Video||Task 02||27.4./28.4.|
|5||Projects and Teams
||L04 Video||Task 03||4.5./5.5.|
||L05 Video||Task 04||11.5./12.5.||Area of Interest Slides|
|7||Research Projects and Thesis Topics
||L06 Video||Task 05||18.5./19.5.|
|8||Literature Research and Management
||L07 Video||Task 06||25.5./26.5.|
|9||L08 Video||Task 07||1.6./2.6.|
|time to work on proposal|
- Regular attendance of ALL lectures and tutorials (from the second week)
- Completing ALL assignments
- all assignment deadlines are monday 23:59, submission through git.
- when missing the assignment deadline, you will get 2 days extension until wednesday 23:59
- missing more than two assignment deadlines or missing the extended deadline, will result in not being permitted for the final presentation
- Exam type is Hausarbeit / Report, which consists of all assignments and a proposal to be handed in before the final presentation. 05.07.21)
- The final presentation is also part of the exam and will take place at the end of the semester and/or the beginning of the examination period (current plan 06.07. and 07.07.)